Teaching and Learning
Best practice pedagogy
Gippsland Grammar's educational model outlines best practice pedagogy in the classroom.
At Gippsland Grammar
- we provide engaging and stimulating classroom environments where our students feel safe and willing to take risks in their learning;
- our classrooms are places where our students can succeed and there is an understanding between our students and teachers of what success looks like;
- learning is paramount and strategies are developed to intervene, extend or encourage our students to achieve their best;
- our teachers demonstrate expertise and lead our students to develop their own understandings, skills and knowledge;
- students benefit from effective and frequent feedback from their teachers, peers and others;
- learning is challenging and our students are supported to become resilient and persistent learners;
- our classrooms are places where learning can be collaborative, creative and fun; and
- our teachers use contemporary Information Communication Technologies to enhance teaching and learning and to promote flexibility and independence.