The DSM works in schools to provide information, support and referral for students and their families.
The DSM provides assistance to ADF children and families by:
- Assisting students to integrate into the school community
- Co-ordinating appropriate welcoming and farewelling strategies
- Supporting students to develop self-confidence and resilience
- Encouranging students to explore options and make the most of opportunities
- Assisting students manage the challenges of transition
- Monitoring students day to day social and emotional wellbeing
- Monitoring ADF students personal issues such as friendship, peer groups and classroom difficulties
- Raising awareness of Defence related issues facing students such as parental absences due to service requirements
- Parents can contact the school to discuss a student's transition.